Corona Virus Latest Update - School Closure
The school is following the latest advice from the Government with regards to dealing with the Covid-19 virus.
As you are all aware the situation is changing daily and we shall be checking the Public Health England website daily to ascertain the latest advice.
Current position is that the school is closed to all pupils until further notice. See the latest letter attached below.
The school will not be opening over the Easter holidays as the builders are scheduled to commence the internal modifications over this period. If you fall into the vulnerable or keyworker category and need to access childcare over the holidays, please contact Mrs Butler and she can direct you to another local school who can facilitate this arrangement.
The class teachers are uploading a timetable for each day and also lessons with work for the children to complete on the class page of the school website.
As a school we have been overwhelmed by the children’s engagement with their learning and want to thank parents for enabling this. We have really enjoyed seeing pictures and videos of the children’s learning so please keep sending them in.
Anyone who is living with someone who has corona virus symptoms should self-isolate and avoid all social contact for 14 days; the whole household should self-isolate.
To prevent the spread of infection please make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.