Getting Support - links
Please see below useful links to websites and organisations who offer support:
Kent Educational Psychology Service
Due to school closures relating to the coronavirus, for a limited period of time Kent Educational Psychology Service are offering free consultations via video/phone call for 30 minutes, where parents/carers can talk to an educational psychologist.
The aim of this service is to provide advice and guidance to support children’s wellbeing and learning during the time of school closures. Topics or areas that you may wish to discuss could include:
- Anxiety around the current situation and its impact on your children and family. Supporting your children’s emotional needs.
- Concerns about family relationships.
- Concerns about friendships, learning, daily structure and sleep routines.
- How you can best look after yourself to support your children.
- Preparing for the transition back to school.
If you would like to make use of this service, please contact: email@example.com
When you e-mail, please give: - your name; - phone number; - the time of day that would be most convenient to be called back (i.e. morning, afternoon, early evening); - a brief description of what you wish to discuss.
They will do their best to respond within two working days but this may be subject to availability.
Young Minds offers free support to children young people struggling with isolation, coronavirus and the impact on their mental health.
Young minds parent helpline 0808 802 5544
Text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger for free 24/7 support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis.
- If you need urgent help, text YM to 85258.
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors.
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
Contact- Free helpline and website for families
0808 808 3555 contact.org.uk
Mind UK- Charity supporting mental health Mind.org.uk
Family Action- Free helpline for families 0808 802 6666 2
Kooth- Counselling app for young people
The Samaritans 116 123
National Autistic Helpline 0808 800 4104 www.autism.org.uk