PE curriculum documents
Please see the documents below for details of PE funding at Seal Primary School.
In the academic year 2020-21, Seal CE Primary will receive a Sports Premium funding of £19,500.
We aim to use our Sports Premium funding to achieve the following criteria:
1. To increase opportunities for inter and intra house sporting competitions.
2. To be able to offer outstanding PE instruction to for all age groups.
3. A legacy of outstanding PE provision is maintained after the funding has finished.
4. Our PE subject leader is up to date with current best practice and can lead PE successfully.
5. To have attained a silver level Sports award and then progress towards gold.
6. To increase participation in locally organised and age appropriate festivals and competitions.
7. To purchase age appropriate equipment to deliver a range of sporting activities.
8. To offer more of a range of sports clubs funded by the school every week.
9. Children to have positive mental health and understand how exercising is part of supporting your person mental health.
We will evaluate the impact of the Sports Premium Funding as part of our self-evaluation process. We will look at how well we use our Sport Premium Funding to improve the quality of P.E and sporting provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all children develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Measuring the impact of the activities provided with Sports Premium Funding can be achieved in different ways. We will look at progress in PE as well as other areas of development such as self-esteem, confidence and the numbers of pupils involved in sporting activities in and out of school. We aim to adequately support all of our teachers by providing a tailored approach. Therefore this support will be given at different points of the year to different staff members. As a school we would hope to see improvements in the children’s progress in P.E, however this may not be measurable for all year groups/ classes until the end of the next academic year. We will also evaluate the impact of professional development opportunities in improving teaching and learning in P.E.
We aim to have this data by the end of the academic year.