PE curriculum documents
Priorities for 2021 – 2022
- To retain Silver Sports Sportsmark
- Track and assess pupils’ swimming ability to ensure we have a clear record of who can or can’t swim 25m (2 lengths of our pool would be 30m)
- Maintain high level of participation in inter school competitions
- Wider range of children to participate in sport inside and outside of school
- Pupil Premium children to be given more opportunities through invitation to events and use of high quality equipment in school
- To ensure sports equipment is fit for purpose and enables the curriculum and clubs to be delivered effectively
- Children to maintain a positive mental wellbeing through use of school councillor if needed
- Outside sports clubs to create new sporting opportunities for children and to develop skills of certain sports
We will evaluate the impact of the Sports Premium Funding as part of our self-evaluation process. We will look at how well we use our Sport Premium Funding to improve the quality of P.E and sporting provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all children develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Measuring the impact of the activities provided with Sports Premium Funding can be achieved in different ways. We will look at progress in PE as well as other areas of development such as self-esteem, confidence and the numbers of pupils involved in sporting activities in and out of school. We aim to adequately support all of our teachers by providing a tailored approach. Therefore this support will be given at different points of the year to different staff members. As a school we would hope to see improvements in the children’s progress in P.E, however this may not be measurable for all year groups/ classes until the end of the next academic year. We will also evaluate the impact of professional development opportunities in improving teaching and learning in P.E.
We aim to have this data by the end of the academic year.